ROASTED SWEET POTATO & QUINOA SALAD WITH MANGO BALSAMIC VINAIGRETTE
Ingredients for 1 Jar:
Black Beans 1/2 cup (rinsed and drained)
Cranberries dried 1 Tbsp.
Greens 2 cups
Mango, fresh or frozen 1/4 cup
Sweet Potato, small 1 (unpeeled, diced to bite-size)
Red pepper, 1/4 of the pepper diced
Balsamic Vinegar 1 Tbsp.
Pasta & Grains
Quinoa or brown rice 1/4 cup
Salt and Pepper
Oils and Vinegars
Olive oil 1 Tbsp
Nuts and Seeds
Sunflowers 1 Tbsp
Water 1 1/2 Tbsp
- Preheat oven to 400 Degrees
- Place diced sweet potatoes in a bowl, add oil, and stir to coat. Sprinkle with a touch of salt and pepper. Spread evenly on a pan, and roast for 20 minutes, stirring a couple of times, until the potatoes are soft.
- Place the quinoa and half a cup of water in covered pot on high. Bring to a boil, reduce to simmer, and cook 15 to 20 minutes or until the liquid is all soaked up and quinoa is tender.
- Puree the mango with the balsamic vinegar and water, and set a side.
- Allow the roasted potatoes and quinoa to cool to room temperature.
- Start layering the salad in a quart size jar beginning with black beans. Add quinoa. Pour mango dressing on top.
- Top with the diced red peppers, greens, roasted sweet potatoes, dried cranberries, and sunflower seeds.
- Screw top on securely, and store in fridge.
- When you are ready to eat, give the jar a good shake to mix everything up. Enjoy!